North Carolina Resources
- 1 of Us assists gynecological cancer patients in North Carolina (all types of women’s cancer) who are in financial crisis by offering help with food, gas, and rent.
- Caring Community Foundation helps Triangle, NC area cancer patients and their families with financial support basic needs while undergoing cancer treatment.
- The Helene Foundation provides assistance to North Carolina families with mothers actively undergoing cancer treatments through practical supports such as meals for the families delivered to the home, housecleaning, child care, family support and assistance with arranging transportation to medical appointments. 919-280-7800
- Hope Abounds provides patient advocacy, emotional support, financial support and educational opportunities for women with cancer. 910-799-7178
- NothingPink serves the Fort Mill, SC and Charlotte, NC region with an objective of increasing awareness of hereditary breast and ovarian cancers and providing personalized support for individuals at high risk.
- Sisters Network Triangle provides education and support to women with breast cancer and aims to increase local and national attention to the impact of breast cancer in the African-American community.
- Survivor Friendly boutique in Cary has partnered with Pretty In Pink Foundation to help distribute, free of charge, donated wigs, mastectomy bras, and prostheses to breast cancer patients and survivors who need support. 919-747-9336
- Tickled Pink delivers complimentary fresh and healthy Cuisine Care Packages to single adults undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. Cuisine Care Packages are coordinated with physician’s regimen and delivered following chemotherapy treatment.
- American Cancer Society provides information and supports on diagnosis, treatment options, financial and health insurance issues, patient support and services, caregiver support and other resources. Their Road to Recovery program provides volunteers to assist with transportation to medical appointments. Call 1-800-227-2345 to learn what resources are available in your community.
- The Assistance Fund provides eligible underinsured individuals with financial assistance to cover all or part of the individuals’ out-of-pocket cost for the supported medications. 855-845-3663
- Breast Cancer Charities of America has an assistance program called Help Now Fund for breast cancer patients, who are in need of emergency financial assistance for rent, mortgage, and/or utility bills. The program accepts applications monthly from the 1st to the 5th. 936-231-8460
- CancerCare offers free emotional support, information and practical help, including counseling, support groups, workshops, resources and financial assistance. 800-813-4673
- Kesem is a nationwide community that supports children through and beyond their parent’s cancer. The program provides free year-round services, Kesem Through, and Beyond Support provides children impacted by a parent’s cancer a continuum of touch points throughout the year. Their largest program, Camp Kesem, is a week-long summer camp is provided free of charge for children ages 6 through 18. 253-736-3821
- My Hope Chest provides financial assistance to uninsured and under-insured breast cancer survivors to help with financial cost of breast reconstruction. 727-488-0320
- Patient Advocate Foundation provides case management assistance, financial aid for co-pays, co-insurance and deductible assistance and basic living expenses, and other supports. 800-532-5274
- Patient Services, Inc. provides financial assistance to help women who are at high risk for breast cancer gain access to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) screenings. 800-366-7741
- The Pink Fund provides non-medical cost-of-living expenses to breast cancer patients in active treatment for breast cancer so they can focus on healing, raising their families, and returning to the workplace. 877-234-7465
- Susan G. Komen provides breast cancer education and research, and patient support through their breast care helpline, 1-877-GO-KOMEN (1-877-465-6636). They also provide financial assistance for miscellaneous expenses like transportation, childcare, and daily living expenses.